Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Mercury Models 1965-73

68 Cyclone find

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: preaction on October 28, 2016, 05:29:37 PM ---+1 on Carlisle they had a record attendance of 50,000 this year.

--- End quote ---
But the slimiest selection of parts that i can ever remember seeing. :-[

Smokey 15:
 A friend of mine is on a Mercury owners website. Not certain which one, but any Mercury exclusive site could answer some of your questions, I'm sure.

krelboyne:
Interior pieces will be tough, door panels, dash pads, etc. Front aluminum trim parts might be spendy if you need them.
I sold a 1968 S code GT Cyclone project car to a friend. He still has it.
Has bucket seats, console, automatic, with power windows. White with red interior, spent its whole life in SoCal. Solid car, engine frozen, missing smog and Holley carburetor.
He and I were at a you-pull-it yard a few years ago. Found a 1968 Montego Brougham 4 door. Bought an excellent hood, fenders, and dash face (not pad) from that car. There might have been a grille and front bumper too.

I think that you would be money ahead to buy a 'done' car.

Mark69Sportsroof:
Smokey 15 do you know what mercury website your friends uses?  Thanks Mark

nham3407:
So I covered 1400 miles Saturday to look at 3 different cars. All of them were basket cases.  They were good parts cars, but nothing more. 2 -68's and 1-69 Cyclone and a 69 Torino.  I am still looking so if anyone happens to hear of one, please keep this posting in mind. I am not looking for anything rare or special. Just a plain old 68 or 69 cyclone with reasonable rust repair. Preferably a 302 or 351 car.  Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version