1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Keys

<< < (3/3)

krelboyne:
This is a double cut, Ford key gauge. With this and the decoder book, is all that would be needed to verify the key codes. LOL

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: krelboyne on October 18, 2017, 07:42:08 PM ---This is a double cut, Ford key gauge. With this and the decoder book, is all that would be needed to verify the key codes. LOL

--- End quote ---
Thank you for posting a picture of one . I havn't seen one for years. I looked for one for a time (not to use at shows :) ) but just like my hand key cutter I found it was not practical. I did buy a motorized key cutter that does come in handy to duplicate correct keys from the morphadite or worn out ones that many times end up with cars.  I don't know about anyone else but if I was judging a otherwise perfect car I may wish I had a key gauge in my pocket. I am skeptical if I will ever be put in that position.  ;)

Bossbill:
Ok, found two sets of NOS brass, plated, small hole key blanks.

This may take a while, but piece by piece . . .

[on edit - left out a comma -- punctuation matters!]
[on second edit and so does spelink]

specialed:
Jeff s.  the key decoder ring #s are recorded on the pre-delivery sheets as there is place on the sheets for both ign. & trunk key codes  also 2 types key decoder rings hollow center & with the bar  FA doors &ign.  FB  trunk & glovebox  then I think around 69  the decoder ring had a small hole punched off to 1 side  or maybe that version was a vendor change.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: specialed on October 19, 2017, 03:31:56 AM ---Jeff s.  the key decoder ring #s are recorded on the pre-delivery sheets as there is place on the sheets for both ign. & trunk key codes ....................

--- End quote ---

Agreed as well as saved (for a time) with the dealership in some paper form

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version