Author Topic: 351C 4v Carburetor questions  (Read 836 times)

Offline HDAshmore

351C 4v Carburetor questions
« on: December 31, 2016, 06:41:41 PM »
Hello,

I am new to the forum and it has been 25+ years since I last tore into a Mustang, so please bare with me.  My Mach 1 requires a Autolite 4v carb with part # D0OF-AD.  I have one.  I also have another of same thing but part # D0OF-AB.  I know the AD is for 351C4v, CM and AC.  I plan on rebuilding it to factory specs and I bought the other as I thought I could use two to make one nice/complete one.  However when it arrived it was the -AB number on it.  Too much trouble to return so I thought I would ask if they are basically the same and if anyone knows the specific differences.  I already know it is for a 4 speed 351C 4v.  Is there just basically external parts or is there internal differences.

Thanks,
Dan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 351C 4v Carburetor questions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 10:32:49 PM »
Difference could be internal (jetting and such) as well as external things. Not going to be something someone is going to know off the top of their head typically so will take some study

Welcome to the site - hope you find the information here helpful in your concours related endeavors
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 01:01:34 AM »
Not going to be something someone is going to know off the top of their head typically so will take some study
Special for new members, your own copy of Ford Car Parts, 1975 edition (aka MPC).
http://squarebirds.org/Manuals/1965/1965-72FordPartsTextCatalog/
I would recommend a download, they are all Adobe .pdf files, about 40 of them. Section 9500 is carburetors. It's what we would have to do, but not today. Welcome anyway.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline HDAshmore

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:37:35 PM »
Thank you both for the responses and especially the link to the Ford Parts manuals.  They will be a huge help as I go along.

v/r
Dan