1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Boss

1970 Boss 302 tires

<< < (2/3) > >>

CCP:
He is more concerned with the correct look.
 Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated!
                               Pete.

specialed:
Jeff S. I have documented nov 69 built cars ford & mopar having the F-60-15 SIZE tires from factory & 1 low mile 1970 b9 built late oct 69 having F-60-15 tires with the size in white letters somay have to depend on how tire inventory was shipped & stored & if a new shipment went straight to the Dearborn assembly plant as after talking to John S.who worked at akron oh goodyear plant he say tires were shipped 50 to a pallet by train to Dearborn plant.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: specialed on March 11, 2017, 03:36:23 PM ---Jeff S. I have documented nov 69 built cars ford & mopar having the F-60-15 SIZE tires from factory & 1 low mile 1970 b9 built late oct 69 having F-60-15 tires with the size in white letters somay have to depend on how tire inventory was shipped & stored & if a new shipment went straight to the Dearborn assembly plant as after talking to John S.who worked at akron oh goodyear plant he say tires were shipped 50 to a pallet by train to Dearborn plant.

--- End quote ---

So are we changing the understand of what is the correct original tires for the general production period or are these exceptions to the "rule" ?

Just asking about Fords built at the three plants - not other places or Mopars  ::)

specialed:
where did the dec 1 changeover come from?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: specialed on March 12, 2017, 12:21:06 AM ---where did the dec 1 changeover come from?

--- End quote ---

Good question and I should have posted where that info came from since it's not my research. Added where if came from in the post

MCA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version