1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

69 Mach1 trunk courtesy light

(1/2) > >>

Sluggo:
Need a picture of the wire routing and which fastener to use to hold it on.
Part pictured below.

J_Speegle:
- Lamp mounts to the trunk lid about where the blue arrow is

- Wire clips hold the wire to the body at yellow arrows

- Up under the drivers side quarter panel you should find a female plug attached to a green wire coming from the main taillight wire loom where you plug in the wiring

Sluggo:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on July 18, 2009, 08:55:58 PM ---- Lamp mounts to the trunk lid about where the blue arrow is

- Wire clips hold the wire to the body at yellow arrows

- Up under the drivers side quarter panel you should find a female plug attached to a green wire coming from the main taillight wire loom where you plug in the wiring

--- End quote ---

The hole on mine at the upper arrow is too big to accept the wire clip. It looks like possibly there should be a speed nut there for the clip to go into. Is this correct?

Looking at the mounting hole and the witness mark on the lamp housing it appears to have take a #8 pan head self tapping screw. Would it have been phosphate and oil or chrome?

I see the word READY stamped on the deck lid. Mine had the word ALTER there. San Jose car. Was this a person's name?

It might strike some people as odd that this matters since I obviously painted the car all wrong, but I just have this thing about using correct fasteners and routing things the way they were originally done.

Thanks Jeff,

Randy

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: sluggo on July 18, 2009, 09:37:58 PM ---The hole on mine at the upper arrow is too big to accept the wire clip. It looks like possibly there should be a speed nut there for the clip to go into. Is this correct?

--- End quote ---

Nope no nut nor does the small T shaped white retaining clip have provisions for a nut. The end of the clip that passed through the hole should have two ears that catch the inner part of the hole. Maybe the ears are broken from yours

--- Quote from: sluggo on July 18, 2009, 09:37:58 PM ---Looking at the mounting hole and the witness mark on the lamp housing it appears to have take a #8 pan head self tapping screw. Would it have been phosphate and oil or chrome?

--- End quote ---

For San Jose I've seen them phosphate and zinc. No chrome

--- Quote from: sluggo on July 18, 2009, 09:37:58 PM ---I see the word READY stamped on the deck lid. Mine had the word ALTER there. San Jose car. Was this a person's name?

--- End quote ---

What your seeing is HENRY a short Mexican fellow that went to work at Westinghouse in the bay area after leaving Ford. Have a good friend that worked with hime there and even got his inspector stamp :0

You may be seeing only part of the name with "ALTER"  since it does not look like other names I have on record. DId you take a picture of it?

San Jose, starting in mid-late 68 used the inspectors last names (Usually - except for Henry - since his last name was too long)

Sluggo:
[quote author=J_Speegle link=topic=16.msg54#msg54 date=1247970857

You may be seeing only part of the name with "ALTER"  since it does not look like other names I have on record. DId you take a picture of it?

San Jose, starting in mid-late 68 used the inspectors last names (Usually - except for Henry - since his last name was too long)
[/quote]

Yep

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version