1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

69 grille

<< < (4/4)

jimhib:
 I just checked my grill and it shows no evidence of ever being painted. Its the same grill that was on the car the day I drove it off the lot in 68, no paint.

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: jimhib on August 18, 2017, 10:04:02 AM --- I just checked my grill and it shows no evidence of ever being painted. Its the same grill that was on the car the day I drove it off the lot in 68, no paint.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: PerkinsRestoration on August 10, 2017, 07:50:13 PM ---... If you have a original unpainted grill that is low gloss black plastic with original 1st mold  markings you have a rare find.

--- End quote ---

Maybe Perkins' comment explains this?

Fvike:
I have an chrome faced grille. It is clearly also painted. The broken middle grille is, I believe, an older replacement part. It was pretty gloss, but the plastic was hard, so it was old. The bottom grille is a new Daniel Carpenter reproduction.

Chrome faced grille.

Daven:
Is the charcoal color from the sun exposure?  Is the chrome in the grill only a Grande option?  We have been dipping the headlight metal sleeve sockets for as long as I can remember. 

Daven
9R02R107106

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Daven on June 02, 2018, 10:26:39 PM ---Is the charcoal color from the sun exposure? 

--- End quote ---

Likely the much lighter color is a result of sun, age and exposure to the elements in general. You can see what appears to be "wear" through in a number of areas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version