1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

69 grille

<< < (2/4) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Brian Conway on August 10, 2017, 05:14:56 PM ---http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=4441.msg24728#msg24728

--- End quote ---

Yes recall the discussion. We're not always going to agree on everything but that's ok ;)

PerkinsRestoration:
Current MCA rules state painted low gloss Black. Service grills early 80's and later were unpainted shinny black plastic. I have 6 unrestored cars here with painted grills. The paint is ultra thin and could be mistaken as unpainted. I have no SJ cars with original grills for reference. If you have a original unpainted grill that is low gloss black plastic with original 1st mold  markings you have a rare find.

Brian Conway:
My grill.  Brian

Anghelrestorations:
I agree here they should be painted.  This is something we see at judged events all the time that grills are installed unpainted.  Both 69 and 70 grills are painted. 

BlackMcode1970mach1:
years ago when my brother purchased a 69 mach 1 he got some nos parts with the car, in a box was a nos 69 grill with the chrome on the front edge. Ive never saw one of those before.. mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version