1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67-68 AC Engine Compartment Details

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 67gtasanjose on August 11, 2017, 04:56:49 AM ---Thank you. Details like these are the toughest to duplicate. I have a Ford service replacement clutch that is also all black & assumed this was correct. It may be a remanufactured replacement. If anyone has pictures of these details, much appreciated.

FWIW, small block clutch details differ than big block clutches but I have not been able to pin down all of the differences yet. Too many restored & serviced cars, too few true survivors.

--- End quote ---
On review of the pictures I realize that I got your clutch style mixed up with the type that uses the electro magnet. The brush type style s painted black and the type that uses the electro magnet that I had it confused it with is silver. The faces are very similar. I amended my previous post.

J_Speegle:
Looked through original unrestored and period pictures and the only place I've finding 67 or 68 AC clutches for Mustang applications that are plated are service replacements

I have more than 100 examples from examples of both years so I'm only going to post a few (basically a nice example from each year and plant) to illustrate what I found 

7R03C1883xx

7T03A15238x

8F01C1794xx

8R01C12673x

8T02J1986xx

Also since the same clutches may have been used on the same pump when installed in other car models a few production car pictures from 67
Sorry some are pretty nasty scans.

J_Speegle:
Shot of the valves and caps - this time from a 68

8R01C12673x

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on August 11, 2017, 06:16:34 PM ---Looked through original unrestored and period pictures and the only place I've finding 67 or 68 AC clutches for Mustang applications that are plated are service replacements

I have more than 100 examples from examples of both years so I'm only going to post a few (basically a nice example from each year and plant) to illustrate what I found 

7R03C1883xx

7T03A15238x

8F01C1794xx

8R01C12673x

8T02J1986xx

Also since the same clutches may have been used on the same pump when installed in other car models a few production car pictures from 67
Sorry some are pretty nasty scans.

--- End quote ---
Jeff ,your  picture#3 is of the electro magnet variety and I feel have been painted as replacement parts.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 11, 2017, 06:48:16 PM ---Jeff ,your  picture#3 is of the electro magnet variety and I feel have been painted as replacement parts.

--- End quote ---

Sure I can look and post a couple of other 68 Dearborn examples if that would help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version