1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67-68 A pillar to fender brackets

<< < (4/4)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on March 19, 2019, 08:21:20 PM ---I think they were not painted in all plants but I can not remember which ones.

--- End quote ---

Year and car assembly line differences

So installed before or after car was painted exterior color

Looking at original paint cars I found the following

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bossbill on March 20, 2019, 04:38:36 PM ---I might warn you and others that if you have Spectrum in this area you might have to break out a chisel in order to whack at the Spectrum to get this bracket to fit.
--- End quote ---

If you install the bracket before you add the sealer it will be easier on those years and plants where the bracket was installed pre paint.

Surfaces would have received a couple of coats from different directions. From the door jamb side when the door edge and hinges were painted and when the end of the door and a pillar was painted body color next

--- Quote from: Bossbill on March 20, 2019, 04:38:36 PM ---There is a lot of paint in this area. Red oxide, black on bracket, then primer, exterior paint and then possibly black when you paint the front clip semi-gloss.

--- End quote ---

Not certain that the light gray surfacing primer was applied after this bracket was added.

Engine compartment and wheel well black would not have normally gotten close to this area of the car at San Jose or NJ - especially Dearborn on either year.

Bossbill:
Thanks for those details, Jeff.

I had the wrong primer type for my DCC single stage.
Then the weather turned, so I punted on the paint.

I'll try again during the next spring weather event.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version