Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Scott Drake '64 1/2 -'65 Reproduction Side Cove "Handgrip mouldings". BIG FAIL!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

196667Bob:
Educated (?) guess - Quarter Panel Ornament ??

Laurie S.:
Scott Drake's quality has gone way downhill since the company was sold.  I bought a stainless hood catch for my modified 68 fastback.  I couldn't see anything wrong with it until I installed it last week.  It's crooked!

midlife:

--- Quote from: Laurie S. on October 06, 2017, 03:52:40 PM ---Scott Drake's quality has gone way downhill since the company was sold.  I bought a stainless hood catch for my modified 68 fastback.  I couldn't see anything wrong with it until I installed it last week.  It's crooked!

--- End quote ---
Scott Drake sold the company?  I did not know that...
I was always suspicious of their parts over the past decade...

Chris:
Here is the article I found on the sale:

http://focalpointllc.com/release/focalpoint-advises-drake-automotive-group-on-its-sale-to-huron-capital/

NEFaurora:
"Quarter Panel Ornament"

Yes, Some people call these "Side Cove Mouldings" or "Handgrip" mouldings... for the '65...

But yes, The technical name could just be plain "Quarter Panel Ornament"....but that would be too easy..

PS: Yes, I had absolutely no idea that Scott Drake was sold....!!  Thanks for the info!   According to the article.... It looks like Drake cashed out early last year.... Welp, There goes the neighborhood....Now you can look forward to Corporate Conglomerate made parts!!  :)  Hehehehe....

:o)

Tony K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version