1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

Carburetor plating the steel parts

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ng8264723 on October 17, 2017, 05:23:26 PM ---..................... I need to get the bolts done where they zinc or cadmium??

--- End quote ---

With the new info the bowl screws, and small screws that hold the brackets to the carb and the accelerator pump to the bowl I believe were originally dichromate. Make sure the bowl screws (the long one that go in through the bowls and into the main body) are the correct originals (use a flat headed screw driver) not the hex heads that Holley used later in production and over the counter as replacements

Allot of the carbs you will see that have been restored will have everything dichromated where IMHO on originals many of the rods and some arms were not (attached after other sections were plated)

Bob Gaines:
Here are some pictures I took today of a C9AF-M (428 4 sp) carb with a 921 date. This is a unused NOS carburetor with a date right in the middle of 69 production. The hardware finishes should be typical of the finish that would be on a assemblyline carb.  A automatic will have the addition a kick down lever which was gold with silver screw.

J_Speegle:
A shot of the manual choke and related pieces Sorry looks to have been in storage or slightly used at one point

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version