1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

Correct Engine Sticker?

<< < (5/5)

Deuce:

--- Quote ---The only thing I was curios about, the 6 before the L is "missing".
--- End quote ---

Manell p. 7-5 section 7A3 shows several photo examples of 67 engine tags missing the number 6 before the month date code.  So, your tag's second line L E 236-B 15 (and mine) would fit this pattern.

Ralf:

--- Quote from: Deuce on December 02, 2017, 12:49:40 PM ---Manell p. 7-5 section 7A3 shows several photo examples of 67 engine tags missing the number 6 before the month date code.  So, your tag's second line L E 236-B 15 (and mine) would fit this pattern.

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot for clarification. Manells books seems to be a good investment I have to think about.

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: Deuce on December 02, 2017, 12:49:40 PM ---Manell p. 7-5 section 7A3 shows several photo examples of 67 engine tags missing the number 6 before the month date code.  So, your tag's second line L E 236-B 15 (and mine) would fit this pattern.

--- End quote ---
Kevin Marti's "The Mustang and Cougar Tagbook" also discussed the absence of the number (day of month number) on page 90. "Ensite" plant in Canada (aka: Windsor engines) used this different layout on the engine aluminum tags till Mid-November 1967 (this is within the 68 Model year) so every 67 Windosr-built Engine would have the different layout.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version