1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

Undercarriage pics needed - July 68 Dearborn

<< < (2/2)

ruppstang:
It look like it will be grey. Thank everyone for your help.
I hate to finish a car that some one has started on and then figure out the details to make it correct.

Marty

Laurie S.:
My June 2nd Dearborn-built coupe has the metallic gray color.  I have found that it is an exact match to the color of styled steel wheels.  If you need photos, let me know.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on February 13, 2018, 05:37:03 PM ---The 68 CJ fastback I'm restoring was built at Dearborn, it had a weird blue/gray color underneath.  Looks weird, but that's what it was.  Build date 6/27/68

--- End quote ---
Not weird for Dearborn. That looks like one of the more common seen batch shades (relatively speaking) that I have seen on 69 Dearborn cars.

DTruitt:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on February 13, 2018, 09:26:52 PM ---Danny was your car built on the 17th or the 25th? Comparing your comment to a spreadsheet

Thanks

--- End quote ---

I sent you a PM, Jeff.

Danny

OldMil:

--- Quote from: CharlesTurner on February 13, 2018, 05:37:03 PM ---The 68 CJ fastback I'm restoring was built at Dearborn, it had a weird blue/gray color underneath.  Looks weird, but that's what it was.  Build date 6/27/68

--- End quote ---

I know that this is an older thread, but I have a 68 CJ produced on 7/16/68 according to Marti.  Charles, I would like to duplicate your color as I think it is appropriate for my car.  Would you mind sharing your paint product and mix?  Also, do you guys agree on the color for my build?  Thanks!
Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version