Author Topic: Choke Cable Grommets and Radio Delete Grommets  (Read 600 times)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Choke Cable Grommets and Radio Delete Grommets
« on: April 18, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »
I have had brand new tooling made to create exact copies of the original 65-66 Choke Cable Grommets and "Radio Delete" Grommets.

They have the correct "M" marking cast into the part. The correct rubber was used in production. This was a big project for parts that really don't sell in huge quantities. I wanted to do them though, because they are literally impossible to find.

I always announce parts like this first to the subscribers of my Shelby/Hi-Po Email Newsletter. This newsletter usually has information about new items for 65-66 models. Limited quantity/special parts sometimes are only posted in the newsletter. If you wish to subscribe to the newsletter, click here.

Click on the links and/or the pictures to learn more.

Made in the U.S.A. $17.95 each.

Blog Post Link

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-HiPo-Mustang-GT350-Shelby-Choke-Cable-Grommet-at-Firewall--P482344.aspx

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-Mustang-Radio-Delete-Grommet-P482345.aspx

Offline jwc66k

Re: Choke Cable Grommets and Radio Delete Grommets
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
Thanks Brant. These items are of the low volume Mustang parts that drive us crazy trying to find or repair. You're not the only one involved in this reproduction effort, and all that do invest time and money need a pat on the back - Thanks.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
Re: Choke Cable Grommets and Radio Delete Grommets
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »
Thanks Brant. These items are of the low volume Mustang parts that drive us crazy trying to find or repair. You're not the only one involved in this reproduction effort, and all that do invest time and money need a pat on the back - Thanks.
Jim

Thanks, Jim.

Yeah, I'm looking at the tooling cost and everything added together and wondering why I took this on!

They are absolutely impossible to find though...just hoping to sell enough of them to break even!

They are super nice though. I'm really pleased with the way they turned out.