Author Topic: Vintage Mustang Forum (VMF) website just got completely Toasted.... :(  (Read 3662 times)

Offline NEFaurora

Subject: Vintage Mustang Forum (VMF) website just got completely Toasted.... :(

Has anyone from here been over on the VMF within the last two days?!?!??  Apparently what happened to the SAAC Forum, has now happened to the VMF Forum.

ALL and I do mean ALL the data and 10 years worth of previous postings are now gone.....!!!!

You can expect an increase in some web traffic over here due to this issue....For sure.

Check it out if you haven't seen it....

I don't know if their site got hacked, or if their servers got updated or what....but everything got wiped!!!

Bummer!!!

I hope that they are able to retrieve some of the archival data over there as it would be a shame if it is all gone now...

Just letting everyone know if they haven't already heard yet...

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
Autoguide/Vertical Scope (or who ever) decided to do an in place while it was running migration to a cloud server Sunday night/early Monday morning. It did not go well. Only the user Admins have been talking about it, nothing from the real Autoguide/Vertical Admins. No notice sent to the users or banner messages informing the users of the issue.

From what I have heard, we have no idea what the status is, re backups and/or restoration of all the missing data. Again, Autoguide/Vertical Scope has said nothing official on the VMF site.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Subject: Vintage Mustang Forum (VMF) website just got completely Toasted.... :(

Has anyone from here been over on the VMF within the last two days?!?!??  Apparently what happened to the SAAC Forum, has now happened to the VMF Forum.

ALL and I do mean ALL the data and 10 years worth of previous postings are now gone.....!!!!

You can expect an increase in some web traffic over here due to this issue....For sure.

Check it out if you haven't seen it....

I don't know if their site got hacked, or if their servers got updated or what....but everything got wiped!!!

Bummer!!!

I hope that they are able to retrieve some of the archival data over there as it would be a shame if it is all gone now...

Just letting everyone know if they haven't already heard yet...

:o)

Tony K.
Sorry to hear. It is a shame.  I am sure there was useful content for many that is now lost. I suffered through that on the SAAC site.  I haven't been to VMF in years since I joined this site.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
I was informed early this morning by a good customer of mine that all of my listings in the Parts For Sale were blank.  I went in and fixed them.  I also read some early threads discussing the problems.  I was appalled by the amount and number of advertisements that had nothing to do with cars, even some popped up over a thread post!  Just be thankful we have this forum with out all of those ads. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
those annoying ads are the main reason i do not visit there very often. they cheapen the site.
5F09C331248

Offline jwc66k

those annoying ads are the main reason i do not visit there very often. they cheapen the site.
Down load "Adblock Plus" from your favorite internet search engine. The software varies depending on what internet software you use. It's free.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
thanks....that seemed to work.
5F09C331248

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
I never see any ads there.

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline Josep

I never see any ads there.

Nor me..

Josep
1966 Mustang Hardtop 200 Inline 6 - Arcadian Blue - C4 - Thermactor - 6R07T213966 - San Jose projected build date June 11th 1966 - DSO 71
1966 Mustang Convertible 289-2V - Vintage Burgundy - AT PS DB - 6F08C109403 - Dearborn projected build date September 9th 1965 - DSO 36

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
Sign into your VMF account.  Go to your account profile for your user name.  Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select the classic site as your preference.  Bingo!  You get the old site layout from years past and no ads.  Much more responsive, cleaner and simple interface just like here!   ;)

Nothing beats this site for correctness.  I absolutely love that about this site as I strive to make my Mustang as close to factory as possible.  VMF has been the instrumental in helping me work through mechanical issues and rebuilding the top end of my engine.  These 2 sites are the 2 sites I most frequently visit on the web.

I was aware of the problem but have not dug in to how much was lost.  I was going to wait a bit to see if posts get restored.
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C

Offline stangs-R-me

Sign into your VMF account.  Go to your account profile for your user name.  Scroll to the bottom of the page. Select the classic site as your preference.  Bingo!  You get the old site layout from years past and no ads.  Much more responsive, cleaner and simple interface just like here!   ;)

Thanks for that tip … I don't go there often and also did not care for their new format.   Just went over there and made the change then went to the main Vintage Mustang forum.   It appears they may have salvaged most if not all the history.

Doug

Offline 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
I'm catching 23-24 ads per page with the default VMF format, and 10-12 with the classic VMF format. So classic is better that there are fewer ads, but there are still a lot. 0 ads here on CMF. 2 on 69 Stang. 13 on the Ford-Trucks forum. But I've never had a problem with the Truck forum like I do with VMF.
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
that ad-block stopped them for me on all sites i visit. my local newspaper was really bad too.
5F09C331248

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
If only there was an app that stopped stupidity from showing up on forum threads...at least this forum wouldn't be affected.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
If only there was an app that stopped stupidity from showing up on forum threads...at least this forum wouldn't be affected.

Wasn't there an option on VMF to hide/block certain users posts?

I very rarely look there these days.  It's funny though, sometimes I search stuff in google and find one of my old posts on VMF.  It says 'Unknown User' or something like that, but my name is in the signature of the post.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin