Author Topic: 69 Boss 302 Exhaust Hangers  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Aussie_Boss302

69 Boss 302 Exhaust Hangers
« on: September 26, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
I posted this on the Boss 302 Registry without any luck... perhaps someone here has some insight.

Any recommendations for 69 exhaust system hangers?  I’m considering the Precision 69 Boss exhaust system for my driver.

I found this setup on the Drake website but there are no images.

C8ZZ-5257-2BHMK

Has anyone had luck with this kit?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 69 Boss 302 Exhaust Hangers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 07:41:25 PM »
Are you focusing on the hangers at the rear seat riser, ones at the rear frame rail or both?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Aussie_Boss302

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:11:17 PM »
Focusing on Both

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 02:23:20 AM »
Never used any of the reproduction hangers so do have any direct knowledge of how well they fit or if they fit.

If you do an internet search using that part number you will come up with a dozen or more shops with the kit for sale and pictures (not always the same picture) of the kit. Some of the details are not shown but in some its easy to see that the clamps (in those examples) aren't shaped like originals and of course they would not be stamped with the original stamping.

Won't repost their catalog pages not pictures out of respect for those vendors. You can compare some of the finer original details comparing Drakes to Scott Fullers offerings. Might find that the rear exhaust hanger insulators lack the engineering numbers and other details and the brackets that hold the insulators in place (shown below) lack the original stamping - something to check

Some pictures of original hangers

Not sure why I didn"t tighten that last bolt down before I took the picture  :o
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Aussie_Boss302

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 09:45:17 AM »
Thanks... These pics are what I was looking for

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
The hanger items shown in the first two pictures look line the ones on my 66 289HP. As I had a few usable original parts, I ordered the "concourse grade" parts I was missing. As a result, I can compare originals to what I received.
The bracket that attaches to the frame rail was "close". The ordered part was "close" to the original in the material thickness, design and the forming process. It was "poor" in the straight edge where the insulator attaches.
The insulators were very accurate when compared to the one original I have - except the rubber where the Ford part number is in raised letters on one was on the opposite side. I don't know if that is normal on not. The FOMOCO label was as shown in the picture.
The "U" bracket was another "close", my original has a rectangular "key" slot for alignment to a tab welded on the exhaust pipe, all the other dimensions were within manufacturing tolerances (my opinion).
When I get my kitchen remodeling project done, I'll take pictures. As of this time, I like the repro "concourse grade" parts I got. I am not prepared to reveal the source at this time in a post. If you are interested in the "where", send a PM.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.