Author Topic: Cloth tape in trunk  (Read 3165 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Cloth tape in trunk
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 10:33:09 PM »
Jack at Deadnutson sells a kit for doing a car. It will give you multiple widths for various areas of the car. I believe his kits are more "correct" for 69/70's but look over at his site and see what comes up.

Been a while since I've seen what Jack is carrying at one time (believe I still have a sample) I felt the top surface was not like I had seen on San Jose cars and some other applications but did match others.

Closest I found was a product we discovered at a MCA event where the hotel was using a tape to hold down wires (speaker and microphone) to the carpet in the main room Couple of us judges saw it at the same time and must have thought the same thing since a couple of us asked right way if the worker had an extra roll of the stuff and we split it ( winding it around some tubes to share the roll) and took some of it home. Still think I have part of that roll but may have the name on the original somewhere in my notes.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 01:01:08 AM »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline beatlemike

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 11:25:31 PM »
I decided to go with the assembly tape assortment from Dead Nuts On. The width is perfect (a hair less than 3") and the color is perfect. I received it today and it's a big improvement over the 51 year old tape that's in their now. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mike

68 Dearborn plant