Author Topic: Inspection Stickers  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Sunlitgold68

Inspection Stickers
« on: November 08, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »

Were inspection stickers used in the 60's? My dad doesn't remember them on the windshield.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: Inspection Stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:00:04 AM »
some states had them. here in ky we used them for 7 or eight years. the actual inspection here was a racket, did nothing for safety.
5F09C331248

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 12:48:10 AM »
Are you referring to state or the inspections done at the plant?

If these are the plant/factory ones your referring to they would have been removed during dealer prep so that the first owner never saw them. Often people showing cars incorrectly place them back on the cars (incorrect since the rest of the car is not presented the same way) and can loose points

There are other types of inspection stickers (example - Dearborn inspectors for paint, trim, electrical, final...) that are less visible and those are plant and year specific and somewhat hidden from a casual view of a car
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:20 AM »
I'm talking about the state vehicle inspection stickers that were placed on the inside corner of the windshields. North Carolina used them for many years but not sure when they started.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »
John,

You are correct that the NC dealership would inspect and affix the state annual inspection sticker to the front windshield prior to delivery to the new owner. There is someone in NC that sells reproduction inspection stickers for ~$40 each. Jack bought one for the 67 that I finished back in September. Nice touch, but you will have to punch the month yourself. As was required by law, dealerships inspected and registered the inspection at time of delivery from Ford and not at the time of delivery to the customer, so you will have to know the approximate date of delivery to the dealership.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
this seems to be the correct one.

http://inspectionsticker.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=1074

Car was delivered around May 21st from the best they can remember.

I also have NOS 1968 NC license plate in the wax paper still.
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968