Author Topic: 1973 Mach 1  (Read 1571 times)

Offline BlockadeRunner91

• Carson
1973 Mach 1
« on: September 08, 2021, 06:07:08 PM »
Haven?t been on the site in a while since finishing my 1970 M code shaker hood 4 speed car. I remembered there being a for sale section here so we?ll see how this goes..This is a very fresh full restoration I finished in June of 2021. Every panel on the car is factory stamped original mint rust free sheet metal. I had the trunk pan and a small fender patch welded in prior to new body work and a repaint in the original color, dark green metallic (4Q). The car has all brand new interior from the carpet to the headliner. All the glass is original. All the gauges work and are accurate. The turn signals have just recently stopped working and I can?t get the passenger headlight to come on. The instrumentation lamps also do not work so you won?t be able to see the tach and MPH gauges at night. All other interior lights work at night, shifter position light, dome lamp, courtesy lamps, glove box and ashtray light, etc. Other than a few small electrical bugs the car has no issues. I just started a new job and just don?t have the time to put into this anymore. This car sold new in Kinston NC in April 1973 to a Vietnam veteran who came home with one leg. The car never left the area until I purchased it summer of 2020. I have hundreds of pictures of every nut and bolt I?ve turned on the car. Everything replaced with new or restored to as new condition. New exhaust, new suspension, brakes..everything on this car has been done right. Highly detailed engine bay. Willing to send photos of the car stripped down before restoration began and many photos showing before and afters during this process. I didn?t cut any corners. Thousands in parts receipts..have original dealer invoice documenting original options and equipment. The car currently has a 69 dated 302 engine with Edelbrock performer RPM intake, full length headers, and new Holley 4V carb. I?m assuming the C4 automatic transmission is original. The car still has the factory locking rear end. This car has a great factory color combination and some great factory options such as ram air hood, power steering, tachometer, and posi-traction read end.

I?m willing to answer any questions you have. The paint job has some light trash throughout but has not been wet sanded or buffed since it rolled out of the paint booth. I just wanted a really nice driver paint job. These cars don?t bring what the 69-70 Mach?s bring. From 5 feet away the car looks amazing. I bought and restored this car because it was rust free and was 30 minutes from home on the side of the highway with a for sale sign on the dash.

I?m asking $24,900 for the car knowing these cars bring nowhere near what the 69-70s bring. I?m negotiable but I won?t be giving it away. Despite being a 73 302 automatic the car has some really nice options and original colors. I bought the car because I drove by it with a for sale sign on the dash and it was rust free 30 minutes from home. You just don?t find original metal cars that have stayed within a 50 mile area since new. This is a very nice driver. Some trash in the paint but it is a very flat glossy paint job with no wavy body work. Car doesn?t have much mud in it.

Call Carson @252-341-0693 and I?ll be happy to answer any questions. Did everything on the car myself so I know other than paint so I?ll be able to give you straight answers.

Thanks for looking.
70 Mach 1 M code 4 speed - T code red, shaker, trac lok, PS, PB, sport slats, wing, tach..

Metuchen built in January