Author Topic: Need advice on vert top color  (Read 2485 times)

Offline 68 S Code

Need advice on vert top color
« on: March 10, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
Ok I need some input from the judges and members on this page. Looking to order my convertible top tomorrow. The car came with a white top per the Marti Report. problem is the manufacturer lists out 5 different Haartz vinyl choices for a 68 top. So I looked them over on line and figured I better look at least a small sample in person. Found a installed a couple miles away from the office so stopped in over lunch with my print-out in hand. The one listed as Mustang White is pretty much refrigerator white. Very Bright. The others were all too yellow. There was one which looked good next to the end cap I took with me (T code Candy red) but its a GM color called Bright White. Ever so slight beige/tan/yellow color. I thought it looked best next to the red.

So for my own sake I am going to ask for your opinions. Very bright refrigerator white or the slightly tinted one? What do you see at most of the shows. In my opinion the refrigerator white on a red car looks to bright. By the way my car is red with a black C stripe and a black interior. Tinted glass and glass rear window which i believe is also tinted.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: Need advice on vert top color
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 12:58:21 AM »
I wouldn't cal it a bright white more of an off white
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
For 67 & 68 model years, the top color (convertible and vinyl top) was actually referred to as parchment. It was not a bright white, but it was not as off-white as the parchment interior color.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Offline dan green

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 04:51:51 PM »
The color of a factory 67-68 top is very close to wimbledon white.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »
Hard to tell from pics, but here are a couple 67-8 original tops.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:02:34 PM »
Guys thanks for the input. I recieved larger samples of the available whites yesterday. Even though there may have been a color that I prefered I went with the original top color. You are correct in that the color is creamier and not stark bright white. The correct original white color number is DT3967. It was Ok when viewed at dusk last night (little beige) but became much brighter at noon today under direct sunlight. Initially prefered A28 Bone White (which is also off white) but DT3967 is original and very close to Bone White. 

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
Which manufacturer codes are these?
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 68 S Code

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 12:16:05 AM »
Matches Haartz 1006 in color.