Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

Semi-gloss Black Spray Paint

(1/5) > >>

Countrysquire:
What is the best spray can paint available now for semi-gloss black?  I don?t like the current version of Krylon 1613 at all. Too dull and ?soft? looking for me. I do like the looks of the current Eastwood chassis black, but it dries slower than 1980?s Rustoleum, plus it?s not available locally. Looking for something that is close to the right amount of gloss and doesn?t look like it came out of a spray can.

I?m sure this has been covered multiple times in the past, but this site isn?t the best resource to search for ?semi-gloss black? and get a manageable number of results!

Thanks,
Bobby

Daven:
I too really enjoyed the old Krylon 1613.  I recently bought some semi gloss at Napa Auto Parts that looked and dried the same way as the Krylon use to.  I'm not in town now to look at the can to get the make and number of the product, but all Napa stores should carry it.

Daven 

carlite65:
try SEM 39143 works for me.

67gta289:

--- Quote from: Daven on February 25, 2022, 03:11:18 AM ---I too really enjoyed the old Krylon 1613.  I recently bought some semi gloss at Napa Auto Parts that looked and dried the same way as the Krylon use to.  I'm not in town now to look at the can to get the make and number of the product, but all Napa stores should carry it.

Daven

--- End quote ---

The Krylon is still available, it's just been named "krylon 1613 industrial".  Google it.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on February 25, 2022, 12:24:23 PM ---The Krylon is still available, it's just been named "krylon 1613 industrial".  Google it.

--- End quote ---
I get it at my local Granger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version