Author Topic: Researching owners from a vin#  (Read 1245 times)

Offline GregM

Researching owners from a vin#
« on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I have found myself somehow the owner of yet another mustang ! This one is a c code coupe of the 1966 variety. The car is very rust free. I have been able to contact the 2nd owner of the car that bought it in the late 60's at a used car lot in California and relocated to Oregon. I now know the interior color/ exterior color, manual and options it had.
Now for what makes this an interesting find. The original owners manual is intact and in great condition. The owner is listed as the New York Times and the selling dealer is Gotham Ford of 42nd street New York, New York ! This is neatly typed into the books along with the vin# and a selling date of 12/15/1965.
I have a short list of a few owners from 1987 until now. I believe I have located them as well. Somewhere between 1987 and now the car was gutted, painted white  and caged as a road race car. Being a racer this is a great find, but the other side say's hey this was a New York Times Press car and what was it used for and how the hell did it end up in Pasadena California.
So the big question is how can I trace the vin# to find if the original owner was in fact the New York Times ? Any sources I can pay that are legit to trace this ?
Greg M
5F07K..............
5R07K..............