Author Topic: Best 67 Shelby hood Replacement  (Read 1309 times)

Offline mattyjc

Best 67 Shelby hood Replacement
« on: August 03, 2023, 10:50:25 PM »
Hey guys I have some questions about replacement hood for my 1967 Shelby tribute. looking for a Shelby hood with louvers in it to replace my standard Shelby hood. Im looking for the best fitting overall hood and I see there are many options out there. What Ive noticed about the original Shelby hoods as they have a small thin ridge the whole way around the hood and most of the aftermarket so I see have a thick edge on the sides , im guessing to make them able to cut to fit. so they immediately dont look factory. The real hoods on the factory cars have that very fit then defined edge when the hood is open. I  have a hood I bought from Tony brand that is spot on as far as undrrhood looks, but i need louvers and on the car it is about a half inch short in the back. The hood also does not follow the countour of the fenders very well, so im looking to go with a better quality hood. I see them going for $700 from Branda,  California pony cars , top flight, and fiberglass specialties out of Nevada but then I see them on NPD for much much more money. Is the NPD hood going to be the best quality in the best fitting hood out of those? Does anybody have experience with any of these hoods?[/img]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 11:49:58 AM by mattyjc »

Offline kkupec02

Re: Best 67 Shelby hood Replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 10:31:16 PM »
welcome to the forum
1967 GT500 Built 1/26/67 #817
1967 Corvette Roadster