Author Topic: Which type of screws are for the instrument panel blue lenses ?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Kyle Zammit

Hi all

I am looking for the correct markings on the screws for the instrument panel blue lenses ?

I am seeing 3 types of markings maybe there are more.

Which are the most common on a 67 Shelby GT500 please?

Here are pictures of the types I found

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Which type of screws are for the instrument panel blue lenses ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 07:07:13 PM »
For 67 San Jose Mustangs I recall most often finding the ones marked R but there were other suppliers like you found. As they likely filled the containers that held the screws at the individual stations where these gauges were preassembled they likely just dumped more in with the last of the earlier batch creating a mix of both previous and current suppliers which would create a mix of different head markings at that station for some period of time. In other parts of the car plant containers with the hardware were often replaced with new containers so this reduced the amount of mixing of different suppliers and the older batch was often poured on top of the newer one making it easier and more likely that the "earlier" batch would be used up sooner in the assembly process from my understanding and discussions with some of the workers. 

IMHO I believe that if you found this mix I would reuse them again unless you have a reason to question their originality. Was the car restored before you did? Was the gauge housing restored some place in the past? Things like that might make one question details found
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 08:09:12 PM »
I am looking for the correct markings on the screws for the instrument panel blue lenses ?
Here are pictures of the types I found
Found "where"? Why do you think they were replaced?
Reread Jeff's post.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Kyle Zammit

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 06:23:07 PM »
Thanks for the information Jeff!