Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

FE oil gallery check valve

(1/2) > >>

67gta289:
I see that the FE has an oil gallery check valve, identified in the 1960-68 MPC as part number C4TZ-6026-A, but identified in the 1965-72 MPC as 383024.

Are these available, because I can't seem to find anything?

The picture includes MPC listings, illustration, and pictures of the part.

TIA John

jwc66k:
C4TZ-6026-A is called a plug here - https://www.jensales.com/content/ppp/ford-engine-parts-manual-fo-p-eng-330.pdf
Jim

67gta289:
Jim - thanks for checking.  Since that is a manual of unknown (to me) origin, I'll be a better referee than in the NFL and give the nod to Ford documents.  I went back and checked seven single-year Ford car parts & accessories catalogs, as well as three different master parts & accessories catalogs, and updated the attached file.

The original design used part B8A-6026-A, per P&A catalogs through 1964.
In 1965 the part designated was C4TZ-6026-A.
In the 1975 dated MPCs, the 383024 number was used.

It dawned on me that the Obsolete, Supersede, Interchange catalog might help, and it sure did.  The C4TZ-6026-A was replaced by (RB) 383024-S.  There is no mention of B8A-6026-A.

Since all of these clearly state an "air bleed" function, these are not a simple plug.  Confirmed by the one I carefully extracted a few days ago.

mtinkham:
Thank you for sharing John. What was your method of extraction, if you don't mind sharing?

67gta289:
Since it is inserted from the front of the block, after I removed the corresponding cup plug at the rear, I inserted a 1/4" diameter rod of sufficient length and proceeded to tap lightly with small hammer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version