Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Help! Distributor part gone.

(1/2) > >>

88s69Mach1:
Help! I was in the process of putting my distributor back together when I dropped the stationary sub plate assembly. There's three little yellow pads that separate the point/ breaker plate on there and they all went flying around the garage. I found two of them but one of them went to never never land and the other one is broken!! I think they're called slide pads but the Ford manual I have doesn't even show them. I attached some photos of it and the distributor numbers. If anyone has a few of these or knows where I could buy them I would appreciate any help I can get. I'm at a loss to find to any on the 'net.

My car is a 69 M code Mach 1 with the original distributor.  Thanks for any help!

carlite65:
try dan nolan at mustang barn.com

88s69Mach1:
OK, thanks for the reply! I'll try that..

rockhouse66:
Please let me know if you do find a source for these.  I have seen what appear to be brand new ones in Cardone rebuilds but my efforts to buy parts from Cardone have not been successful in the past.

88s69Mach1:
Thanks for the info!  Dan said he would try and find a few of them and let me know... Haven't heard from him yet but fingers crossed!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version