Author Topic: 67 Remote view mirror glass date code  (Read 2292 times)

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
Re: 67 Remote view mirror glass date code
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2024, 05:36:26 PM »
great info there murf! never knew that.......always learn something here!
5F09C331248

Offline dkknab

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2024, 05:59:33 PM »
Mirrors can be identified by understanding a few simple rules.  If the mirror is marked with "DMI" it was supplied to Ford by "Donnelly Mirror INC".  The first number identified the  month  produced.    The DMI is Donnelly company, and the second number gives the year........Hope this in some way helps you  identify at least two sources of outside mirrors and the manufacturers marks and date coding

Thank you also for this info. This is fantastic. 

My personal question relating to my car then is if I have two mirrors,  12-DMI-7 and 6-DMI-7, of which 12-DMI-7 was found on the driver side,  which could have been switched from one side of the car to the other when it was repainted,  was the passenger side mirror added possibly when the car was purchased to make it a dealer installed option and that would be ok for MCA driven standards or will it always be a deduction unless it's gone,  no matter?
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2024, 09:09:17 PM »
Thank you also for this info. This is fantastic. 

My personal question relating to my car then is if I have two mirrors,  12-DMI-7 and 6-DMI-7, of which 12-DMI-7 was found on the driver side,  which could have been switched from one side of the car to the other when it was repainted,  was the passenger side mirror added possibly when the car was purchased to make it a dealer installed option and that would be ok for MCA driven standards or will it always be a deduction unless it's gone,  no matter?
The date codes are not considered for a deduction in the driven class.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby