Author Topic: DANIAL CARPENTER door weatherstrips  (Read 1374 times)

Offline cobrajetchris

DANIAL CARPENTER door weatherstrips
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »
I have written post in the past complaining about installing N.O.S door weatherstrips on my 69 MACH 1 I am restoring. I installed the strips a year ago and continued to have problems with hard shutting doors. I tried all the tricks of heat, soap, etc.. and after a year of slamming the doors I removed them. My doors fit very good and I refused to adjust the doors out and settle for a poor fit for my doors to close correctly. I have talked to many people about this and it was the consensus with most that the DANIAL CARPENTER strips fit the best as far as aftermarket goes. I decided to try these strips and ordered a set from my vendor. They sat in my garage for a month or more as I have little faith in aftermarket parts in general. I finally installed the strips and I can't believe it, the doors shut perfect in a matter of a couple of days (allowing them to seat). I highly recommend these strips. Years ago I had installed a set of aftermarket door strips on my BOSS 302 and I could not even close the doors. I installed N.O.S strips and after many years they seated. I will gladly take the point deductions (if there is any) for having aftermarket strips on my car. I will trade a good shutting door any day over some engineering numbers on some poor fitting N.O.S strips.
CHRIS KNOBBE
69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978
70 BOSS 302 MUSTANG, DEARBORN BUILT 10/24/69 OWNED SINCE 1987
69 R CODE MACH1 AUTO, DEARBORN BUILT 10/10/68 OWNED SINCE 2006
69 R CODE MACH1 4 SPEED (factory black) SAN JOSE BUILT 12/30/68 OWNED SINCE 2007

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: DANIAL CARPENTER door weatherstrips
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:49 PM »
Very nice!!! I'm glad to hear this type of comment about quality. I have heard good things about Carpenter, they also supply parts for alot of other Ford products and even Cushman Scooters, I've bought some real nice excellent fitting stuff for my Ford trucks in the past from them...