Author Topic: Better interrior seam sealer?? 68 SJ  (Read 1879 times)

Offline RogerArrick

Better interrior seam sealer?? 68 SJ
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »
I used the 3m gray brushable seem sealer but just not happy with it. 

Is there a sealer that looks more like the original, black, that doesn't require an expensive gun?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Better interrior seam sealer?? 68 SJ
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:58:09 PM »
I used the 3m gray brushable seem sealer but just not happy with it. 

Not sure where in the interior you are doing but not allot of it was brushed on and typcially not gray IMHO

Is there a sealer that looks more like the original, black, that doesn't require an expensive gun?

For the sprayed on stuff you could do the brushed on stuff I did on the 69 Shelby restoration then overspray with rattle can to give a final sprayed on look if you really care about the finish in a part of the car that will never be seen once the interior is in place.

Check the product and process out in the Library here under seam sealers and sound deadener article
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jtfx6552

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 01:37:41 PM »
Not sure where in the interior you are doing but not allot of it was brushed on and typcially not gray IMHO

For the sprayed on stuff you could do the brushed on stuff I did on the 69 Shelby restoration then overspray with rattle can to give a final sprayed on look if you really care about the finish in a part of the car that will never be seen once the interior is in place.

Check the product and process out in the Library here under seam sealers and sound deadener article

I looked in the "Library" section and didn't see anything on seam sealers or sound deadeners? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, can you link to it?
1965 Mustang Fastback, October 29, 1964 Dearborn Build, In the family since new.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
I looked in the "Library" section and didn't see anything on seam sealers or sound deadeners? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, can you link to it?

Sorry there are about a half dozen articles I need to post there (thought I had put that one up already :(

IN any case try this thread

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.msg379#msg379
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)