Author Topic: Spray can deadner looks like 3M body Schutz??  (Read 3136 times)

Offline RogerArrick

Spray can deadner looks like 3M body Schutz??
« on: July 26, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »
Is there a rattle can deadener that looks like 3M body schutz?

I need to do a little touch up but haven't found a spray can that looks anything like it.  One I got just looked like smooth foam rubber.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Spray can deadner looks like 3M body Schutz??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »
Is there a rattle can deadener that looks like 3M body schutz?

I need to do a little touch up but haven't found a spray can that looks anything like it.  One I got just looked like smooth foam rubber.
It seems like all of the rattle can products are like that. Too smooth. The ones that leave a distinct texture are the ones you apply from a gun where you can adjust air pressure to allow it to spit chunks of material to build up texture to mimic the assemblyline. Even then some will use a combination of products one to spread with a putty knife like icing on a cake to build up material and then spray over it with the body Schultz type product to get the desired effect. Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Spray can deadner looks like 3M body Schutz??
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »
Its difficult since most rattle cans stuff is very thin so it will spray from can pressure. Did get some Bondo brand to spray well once but I think its was because the nozzle was messed up since others did not produce the same finish :(
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)