Author Topic: Newbie with questions  (Read 1052 times)

Offline tombags

Newbie with questions
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
Hello I am new here and would like to say hello to everyone and thank the administator for this service.

I have a 1969 Mustang convertible that I have owned for 33 years and am lucky enough to have the original factory invoice. On it says the car came with the Visibility Group Option. I can find what was in the option however I cannot find production numbers for this year and model.
Also on the invoice Under "DATE SHIPPED" it has a code (RC04).

My questions are:
Does anyone know what is the code for that date or what that date is ??

Does anyone know how many convertibles in 1969 had the Visibility Group option

I know Marti sells the reports however I already have the factory invoice and was hoping someone could answer these questions without me purchasing a report that I already have 90% of the information.

Thanks in advance for the help....
Tom

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Newbie with questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »
My questions are:
Does anyone know what is the code for that date or what that date is ??

No don't know how to decode that code.

Does anyone know how many convertibles in 1969 had the Visibility Group option

Checked Kevin's Production book a good book for many things like this ) and it does not list the visibility group - but tried ;)

I know Marti sells the reports however I already have the factory invoice and was hoping someone could answer these questions without me purchasing a report that I already have 90% of the information.

Would suggest that you, at best have 50% - if you want the answers IMHO pay th ecouple of bucks and find out. If its not that important - don't pay.  Consider that there are not allot of restored 69 Mustang convertibles and ones with the Visibility Group out there so not many people to order a Marti report, so the odds are not on your side. But nice try.  :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)