Author Topic: Fender Attachment Nut For Rear Lower Corner  (Read 422 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Fender Attachment Nut For Rear Lower Corner
« on: October 19, 2022, 06:24:49 PM »
Had a request on another site for a picture of the "caged" nut used to attach the lower rear fender of a 67 Mustang. Example happens to be of a San Jose built car from the 7R1885xx if that becomes important. Not expecting it to be but does not hurt the discussion and sharing to include it "cage" has two visible arm that are positioned in line with the rocker panel. Hope this is useful to others if the question comes up

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Fender Attachment Nut For Rear Lower Corner
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 07:21:40 PM »
The nut does have a name, 359613-S2, and it is used on the body to attach the lower rear part of the front fender to the body (ref "1967 Mustang Body Assembly Manual", AM0016 pg 9 item L).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 07:54:39 PM »
The nut does have a name, 359613-S2, and it is used on the body to attach the lower rear part of the front fender to the body (ref "1967 Mustang Body Assembly Manual", AM0016 pg 9 item L).
Jim

"A Name"?  Maybe or maybe better referred an 'identification number" IMHO
Wouldn't want to be referred to, myself, by my Social Security Number though many places use that as an identification

Just like many things - different terms for same or similar things. Just as long as we establish that were "talking" about the same thing ;)

But thanks for providing the identification number of the part so others can make use of it if there is a need
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 08:08:44 PM »
"A Name"?  Maybe or maybe better referred an 'identification number" IMHO
Wouldn't want to be referred to, myself, by my Social Security Number though many places use that as an identification
If your name was "John Smith", an ID number would verify who you are, or who you aren't. I just "shortcutted" the ID process for the hardware item. The "description": is: "5/16-18NUTPLATE,1.060L,0.780W,W CLIP". The number gets you more info.  ;)
Jim
One more thing: that nutclip is common for all Mustangs from 1964 to 1970.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 08:10:48 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 67350#1242

67 Coupe SJ 11/16/66
67 GT350 SJ 2/01/67

Offline jwc66k