Author Topic: Seat side molding  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
Re: Seat side molding
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
Steve-  Keep us posted on what you find out.  I'm in the same spot as you on these mouldings.  Gary  :-\
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline sparky65

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »
Well I decided to send them to a place called Chevy's Only advertised in Hemmings.  They only wanted $40 each to strip, polish, and bright dip anodized.  I would say they turned out ok.  They did an excellent job of removing the dings and dents, but I would have liked them to be polished a little bit better.  You can see some scratches in the right light.  I know they had some trouble with them and had to redo the platting because it came out streaked the first time.  For the price though and since they are inside I think they are good.  I only really sent them as practice pieces to see how they would do before I sent them the rocker moldings.  I think there price was like half of what King of Trim quoted me.  Still up in the air now but leaning toward King of Trim for the rockers.  Just wish I could find some one on the East coast so I wouldn't have to ship those things so far, but so far no one can do bright dip anodizing on that size around here or they cant be bothered with car parts.

Here are some pictures,  the flash kind of exaggerates the marks.

Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
no pictures?
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

Offline sparky65

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
no pictures?
Hmm...  I see them.  Anyone else not see them?
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 08:19:57 PM »
I see them (and they are neither blue nor black - see my engine paint comments) and if I may, take another picture outside but not in direct sunlight and without flash, it might be more "natural". In the meantime, I looked at what I have, a pair of very shiny used (no idea where they came from), a pair of aftermarket still in the bag that's marked original Ford tooling that are sort of shiny, and a pair of still in the bag NOS Ford that are almost as shiny (the bag is partially open) as the used. I got pictures but the computer is being nasty.
Jim 
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
...on a different computer-I see them now.  Thanks for posting

Can you see me now?    ::)
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

Offline sparky65

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »
I see them (and they are neither blue nor black - see my engine paint comments) and if I may, take another picture outside but not in direct sunlight and without flash, it might be more "natural". In the meantime, I looked at what I have, a pair of very shiny used (no idea where they came from), a pair of aftermarket still in the bag that's marked original Ford tooling that are sort of shiny, and a pair of still in the bag NOS Ford that are almost as shiny (the bag is partially open) as the used. I got pictures but the computer is being nasty.
Jim
Will try to remember this weekend.  No they are not blue or black, very shinny, almost chrome like but you can tell there are very fine scratches under the surface.
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:12 PM »
Pictures of my "new" hockey sticks. I was getting a few pictures of one of the NFL's best quarterbacks and included one.
1. You can't see the NOS as being that bright but can see the Ford tooling one being dull.
2. The bag cam open a bit on the NOS and it is shiny.
3. Number 16, Joe Montana (and the new stadium is going along just fine).
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.