Author Topic: Kick Panels  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Sunlitgold68

Kick Panels
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:56:35 AM »
Are Kick Panels suppose to have insulation, I see vendors offer the insulation, is this correct or aftermarket stuff?

Are reproduction kick panels close to originals, texture, correctness?
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Kick Panels
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 02:21:35 PM »

Are Kick Panels suppose to have insulation, I see vendors offer the insulation, is this correct or aftermarket stuff? [/quote]

Yes originally there was a thin layer of fiberglass insulation

[/quote]Are reproduction kick panels close to originals, texture, correctness?
[/quote]

They seem to work for Concours judging - IMHO most of the related deductions have to do with owners forgetting to use the properly placed (and number) of mounting screw or the type and style of mounting screws
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:22:15 AM »

Are Kick Panels suppose to have insulation, I see vendors offer the insulation, is this correct or aftermarket stuff?

Yes originally there was a thin layer of fiberglass insulation

[/quote]Are reproduction kick panels close to originals, texture, correctness?
[/quote]

They seem to work for Concours judging - IMHO most of the related deductions have to do with owners forgetting to use the properly placed (and number) of mounting screw or the type and style of mounting screws
[/quote] +1.  Bob
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline sparky65

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »

+1.  Bob

Looks like AMK gives you two per side.  Is this correct for early 67?  mine were gone when I got the car but I seem to have three holes one each side.  There is one almost right below the dash which I am questioning.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe