Author Topic: Oct 23rd 2011 Victorian Mustang Round Up and State Concours  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Herman

Oct 23rd 2011 Victorian Mustang Round Up and State Concours
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:47:46 AM »
 The Mustang Owners of Australia, Victorian branch are proud to present our annual Mustang Round Up and State Concours. Sunday 23rd October, Dandenong Show Grounds, Bennett Street Dandenong. We hope to have over 400 cars on display weather permitting ranging from the 1964 ½ to the current day models including a display racing Mustangs. This is our clubs day of days with trade stands, parts & accessories vendors, cars for sale, food vendors and more.

There will also be cars entered into 3 Judged classes:
 - Original Class Concours for cars that are as they were when they rolled off the factory line,
 - Modified Concours for street machine and restored type cars.
 - Show'n'Shine this class is open either factory standard or modified type cars, these vehicles are judged on they are presented on the day.

Judging classes are only open the MOCA Vic club members as various entry conditions apply. However non club members are welcome along and place their pony on display on the day.

This year's event will also see the inclusion of the first Shelby Nationals were we are hoping for largest display of genuine Shelby vehicles in Australia with similar judging classes.

Gates open public entry from 10.00am and the cost is only $10.00 per person.

For further information :
 http://vic.mustang.org.au
 or
Please call Adam Richmond 61 3 9775- 6074 (AH).

Washing, polishing and cleaning stuff some more in an attempt to retain that 'Golden nugget'

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Oct 23rd 2011 Victorian Mustang Round Up and State Concours
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 02:28:24 AM »
Shoot - going to miss it again ;)

In any case hope its a great show and all have fun - Interesting that only club members can show a car ....hmmmm interesting  not sure if its a motivator or a restriction for possible new members  but a choice the club has to make for its self.

Then of course people accept different things in different countries - just thinking out loud.

Wonder if one of my ex Shelby's will show

Again good luck
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Herman

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:07:04 PM »
Jeff

Last year we had around 520 cars on display and this included Non members.  Who are more than welcome to come along and place their cars on display, however they are unable to enter into the Judged classes.

Also, If you want to provide me with some of your old Shelby details I will try and have a look around for them.

Herman
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:14:43 PM by Herman »
Washing, polishing and cleaning stuff some more in an attempt to retain that 'Golden nugget'

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:42:35 PM »
Also, If you want to provide with some of your old Shelby details I will try and have a look around for them.

Keep an eye open for 67GT350 #2637 - suppose to be in Brisbane. Heard that 9F02R480218 may have made its way over there after I sold it years ago
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Herman

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:16:03 PM »
I'll definetly keep my eye out for those two

Offline Herman

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:59:09 AM »
Hi All

We had approximately 520 cars on display through out the day and please refer to the below link for a few of the photos taken.

regards
Herman

http://vic.mustang.org.au/clubphotos.htm