Author Topic: Under My Carpet  (Read 1865 times)

Offline bimmer84

Under My Carpet
« on: June 05, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
I posted this over on the vintage mustang forum and someone over there thought it should be posted here as well. I replaced the rubber bushings on my 3 speed shifter and that required pulling the front carpet up for the first time. I found this tag in the process.

This is from my 67 Vin# 7T01C225507, 2 door hardtop, standard interior, Nightmist Blue, build date April 7, 1967

It is an unrestored original that sat in the original owners garage for decades. I bought it last year and put it back on the road.

Offline bimmer84

Re: Under My Carpet
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
Not sure why carpet tag didn't post but I will try again.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 11:40:28 AM »
Are you just sharing or asking what it is?
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline bimmer84

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:28 PM »
I assume it came off the carpet, and is the original manufacturer label from JP Stevens.  I know from an internet search that JP Stevens was a big textiles manufacturer that supplied carpet to automotive manufacturers until around 1988 when it was bought out. If there is any other explanation, or anything can be added, I would love to hear it. 

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:57:15 PM »
You pretty much summed it up!  Neat find.  Another manufacturer/supplier was Collins & Aikman.  Think they also were bought out or closed down years back.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin