Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

Fuel Tank to Filler Pipe Hose

<< < (3/3)

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: Building 3 on June 07, 2017, 10:33:46 AM ---You can find gas stations that sell ethanol free gasoline at this website: https://www.pure-gas.org/  I have used ethanol free for two years now, but it will take a lot longer than that to see any results.  As Scott said, these are usually found near recreational areas, and also farms. I talked to the sales rep and he said it is also great for snow blowers, lawn mowers, leaf blowers in addition to cars and boats.

--- End quote ---

Ethanol recently again giving me trouble on my lawn mower...the fuel line runs from the tank, under the cooling fins of the engine and I get vapor lock with it after running about 1/2 hour (or less on a hotter day). It baffled me at first (last year) but I realized that driving with my hood open helped things run cool enough and prevented the issue. Mid-June they switch away from ethanol based gas around here (OHIO) so issue goes away next time I buy gas. Now, running off the 10-gallons I already have on hand will probably end up in the wife's car ;)

rrenz:
I Just recently installed the NPD version. It has a very light texture but like mentioned above nothing like the original. I went ahead and added the white stripe to mine also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version