Author Topic: Grill removal question  (Read 1340 times)

Offline austexstang

Grill removal question
« on: January 26, 2013, 03:08:26 PM »
I want to remove the grill on my coupe because it's painted black and then replace it with the proper colored grill.  Can an individual with average mechanical experience remove it with normal hand tools or will I need any special tools?  Thanks. 

Offline drummingrocks

Re: Grill removal question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:44:15 PM »
It doesn't require anything special.  A philips screwdriver and a 1/4-drive socket set and a ratchet should get it apart in no time.
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
Great, thanks.  I saw rivets on the top of the grill but didn't know if they had to be drilled out when taking it apart.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »
With respect to rivets, how do you figure on putting in new ones? And what is your source for replacements? In other words, don't drill out any rivets untill you can answer those questions.
Jim
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:32:20 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »
With respect to rivets, how do you figure on putting in new ones? And what is your source for replacements? In other words, don't drill out any rivets untill you can answer those questions.
Jim

All good points, thanks for bringing that up.  At this time I don't have an answer and that's why I posted my initial question.  I may "chicken" out and defer to a more experienced person.