Author Topic: Subject: Humphugger Re-Designed? UGLY!  (Read 1709 times)

Offline NEFaurora

Subject: Humphugger Re-Designed? UGLY!
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:58:28 AM »

Subject: Humphugger Re-Designed? UGLY!

Last week I ordered a Humphugger Console for my '65 Convertible, and what I expected to get was the normal '65-'70 Convertible console pictured below:

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/NEFaurora/1966sprint200/65-66Convertiblehunphugger1sttypePic1.jpg

But what I got instead was This!  UGH!!!!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/NEFaurora/1966sprint200/65-66Convertiblehunphugger2ndtypePic2.jpg

Apparently Sometime in 2012, The Humphugger was re-designed....because so many people complained that they couldn't get their Fat 64oz Big Gulp's in the cup holder.. and now this is the result.  They appear to have "Chromed" the upper plastic rims around the new cup holders as well.... The new humphugger Looks un-uniform, With one small cup holder and one HUGE cup holder and I could do without the Chromed cup holder rims which emphasize all of this..

I am returning this as I HATE this new design.  I also noticed some stitching errors and issues in the area that accomodates the New Huge Cup holder as well....

The great thing about the Original was that it "Blended" well in the background of the interior because it had same size cup holders that looked uniform and the cup holder were all black...at least on the black colored consoles.  "Classic Consoles" who is the maker of these consoles should have just made the newer design an "option", and still offered the original...and not replaced their entire line with them.

Anyway, I hate the new 2nd "Re-designed" Convertible Humphugger Console..

Does anyone or any vendor out there still have an Original Humphugger Convertible Console in Black as pictured exactly in the 1st picture above that they'd like to sell me?  I may even buy two! Send me a PM or an e-mail to NEFaurora@aol.com

Much Thanks

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline NEFaurora

Re: Subject: Humphugger Re-Designed? UGLY!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:38:29 PM »

I've e-mailed the maker "ClassicConsoles.com" and we'll see what gives..

Tony K.

MCA#70001

Offline NEFaurora

Re: Subject: Humphugger Re-Designed? UGLY!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:15:11 PM »
Update!!!!  06/18/13

A few weeks ago, I called and had the pleasure of speaking with Jeff Will, Founder and CEO of Classic Consoles, and explained my problem to him about wanting the original pre-2012 design Humphugger console for my 1965 and 1966 Mustang Convertibles.   I had explained to Jeff that there are many others out there along with myself that do not like the new re-design.  So Jeff suggested that I call his son Matt Will's Auto Interior company "Blue Thunder Auto Interiors" and specially order the older original designed Humphugger with the smaller black cupholders from him, and his son would specially place the order.  Well, I am happy to report that I got the two consoles that I had ordered which were the original pre-2012 Humphugger design, and they were both perfectly made.   

So, If you do not like the Newly re-designed Humphugger, No Problem!!  Just place a call to Blue Thunder Auto Interiors at: (229) 377-1047, and they will Custom make you an "Original" pre-2012 Humphugger design in the available color that you want!!

http://bthunder.com/index.php

Problem solved!!

Hats off to Classic Consoles!!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:17:12 PM by NEFaurora »
MCA#70001