Author Topic: Restoring '69 Tail Light Harnesses  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Dirk Pitt

Restoring '69 Tail Light Harnesses
« on: August 22, 2014, 10:52:34 AM »
Does anyone have any recommendations on folks who can add the original style cloth loom to the tail light harness for a '69 Mustang?  Rhode Island Wiring has been suggested by a few folks.  I spoke with them and they indicated they have restored these but this is not listed in their catalog as a "standard product."  They weave the loom directly onto the harness and you don't need to remove any of the connectors so there would not be any damage to the integrity of the harness itself.  Does anyone have any experiences with this vendor they could share?  I'd be interested in what prep you did to the harness, how you marked where you wanted the loom, did it match original, etc. (for example:  my original harness appears to have a green thread woven into the loom.)

Any other vendor recommendations with experiences would be appreciated.

For reference, this is for a concourse trailered car so I am looking for as close to original as possible.
1969 Mustang SCJ (W-code), Dearborn Built 4/21/1969
1969 Mustang CJ, Dearborn Built 7/16/69

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
Re: Restoring '69 Tail Light Harnesses
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »

I have used Rhode Island Wiring and think they are the best out there.  I actually went thru a decent effort about a year ago and sent wire harness to be redone to four different places and then compared the results and these guys came out the best.  I also visited them and worked with them to come up with a harness as close to the original as possible. 

I have an article (I havent finished yet) on the process and the results if your interested just email me and I can send it to you. 

Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline drummingrocks

Re: Restoring '69 Tail Light Harnesses
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
I have an article (I havent finished yet) on the process and the results if your interested just email me and I can send it to you.

I'd like to see the article too if you don't mind.  I'll PM you my email address.
Too much junk, too little time.