Author Topic: WTB: '67 under-dash courtesy lights  (Read 1142 times)

Offline drummingrocks

WTB: '67 under-dash courtesy lights
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
I'm working on a '67 coupe that someone has removed the under-dash courtesy lights from.  The rest of the dash harness is fine; it's just that the light sockets and appropriate wiring have been taken out for some reason.  I'd like to buy both LH and RH sockets.  Send me a PM or reply to this message.

Thanks!
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline jwc66k

Re: WTB: '67 under-dash courtesy lights
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »
The LH side socket is the same as 64 thru 66 and 68, the RH socket is the same as 68 which should broaden your search.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 09:21:24 PM »
The LH side socket is the same as 64 thru 66 and 68, the RH socket is the same as 68 which should broaden your search.
Jim
Depends upon what you mean by "socket" and associated wiring.  The lamp housing on both the left and right are the same as 64 through 66, but in 67, the wiring stopped being integral and was instead a male/female bullet connector a few inches away from the lamp housing.  The RH side bracket is the same as earlier years, but the LH bracket is different from the RH.

I have a couple of the lamp housings and wiring for a 67; the housings are not perfect in terms of finish, but are fully functional.  I have the RH bracket and only a portion of the LH bracket.  PM me if you are interested.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:23 AM »
OK, the lamp socket brackets are different, the lamp sockets are the same, but if you use a Wagner made 631 bulb, it may not fit the lamp socket. See  http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=7418.0
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:29 AM »
Depends upon what you mean by "socket" and associated wiring.  The lamp housing on both the left and right are the same as 64 through 66, but in 67, the wiring stopped being integral and was instead a male/female bullet connector a few inches away from the lamp housing.  The RH side bracket is the same as earlier years, but the LH bracket is different from the RH.

I have a couple of the lamp housings and wiring for a 67; the housings are not perfect in terms of finish, but are fully functional.  I have the RH bracket and only a portion of the LH bracket.  PM me if you are interested.

PM sent.
Too much junk, too little time.