Marketplace > Wanted Ads

early 1967 289 4V ENGINE Tag (bolt-on)

<< < (4/4)

7R02A:
Here is a picture of my engine tag.  Below is the casting dates from my engine.  I can provide additional pictures, if it is of use to anyone.

Engine Block   

6M7   original

Cylinder Heads   

6L18   original

Intake Manifold   

6M7   original

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: 7R02A on April 05, 2014, 09:51:21 AM ---Here is a picture of my engine tag.  Below is the casting dates from my engine.  I can provide additional pictures, if it is of use to anyone.

Engine Block   

6M7   original

Cylinder Heads   

6L18   original

Intake Manifold   

6M7   original

--- End quote ---

Thanks so much for your information and photo of the Tag. Thank you everyone else for everything contributed to this post. Going by all of the information I could research here and elsewhere, I was able to have a reproduction tag made that, to the best of my understanding, is at least 98% authentic in details of appearance and content.

Some things just cannot be done on your own.

This forum has been one of the greatest sources of information, I believe a source of information that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Much gratitude!

Richard

Ralf:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on April 04, 2014, 09:47:18 AM ---For 1967

231 = C code -man trans.
236 = C code -auto trans.

235 = A code -auto trans.
250 = A code -man trans.

245 = K code -man trans.
246 = K code -auto trans.

The A/B suffix according to Mannel's book, at least for the year/engine we are focusing on, represents level 14/15.

Since the core tag number is different for auto vs. man, there is no reason to change the suffix for the same thing.

--- End quote ---

Is there also some information available like above on

Btw. I have read that 2V have been build in Cleveland as well.

Thx
Ralf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version