Author Topic: Herco Neoprene Rubber Contact Adhesive  (Read 2595 times)

Offline sparky65

Herco Neoprene Rubber Contact Adhesive
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:13:35 AM »
I have seen the Herco product recommended around here to attach the body seals.  Where do you get this stuff?  Is there another brand that is more readily available?  I'd like to do my trunk seal this weekend if I can find the correct glue.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Herco Neoprene Rubber Contact Adhesive
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:29:12 AM »
It can be purchased on Ebay or directly from the company (they are the direct sellers in the Ebay ads)

Purchase only IMHO the smallest containers. If you don;t get it really sealed when done it will harden quickly and be a waste

There are others yellow glues like 3 M that are easier to get but they don't work as quick and as well IMHO as the Herco adhesive
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Herco Neoprene Rubber Contact Adhesive
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »
Yes, like Jeff says, can be bought on ebay.  I have complained to the seller about the cans with the brush attached to the inside of the lid.  The metal that they use for the brush shaft is corrosive and will turn the glue to a dark muddy brown after a short while.  If you use it just as the color starts to change, it actually looks exactly like original factory glue.  It's too inexact to time the color though, which is annoying to me.  I have probably thrown away $100 worth over the past couple of years.  I usually buy 4 of the small size at a time.  Only get 1 or 2 uses out of them before they either get too brown or harden.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin