Author Topic: Happy 5 years to concoursmustang.com!!  (Read 2749 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Happy 5 years to concoursmustang.com!!
« on: July 11, 2014, 10:08:47 AM »
Five years ago today, Randy (aka Sluggo) started up concoursmustang.com as a sister site to stangfix.com  Jeff and I had talked about starting another forum after deciding to no longer participate on VMF, but Randy is the one that made it happen and we are thankful for that.  Very humbled by all of the support here and even moreso when I see our site being referenced on other (larger) sites and forums.  While a lot of us have ties with car clubs/organizations, here we maintain no allegiance to any organization, which I believe makes this site very unique. 

Hard to believe it has been 5 years ago, I remember the MCA national show in Raleigh had just ended the weekend before in 2009, so it was a busy time.  I'm very pleased with where we are now and having built a foundation of knowledge that is very useful.  Thanks to all the members and look forward to 5 more years!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Laurie S.

• Trouble
  • Global Moderator
    • My 1968 Mustangs
Re: Happy 5 years to concoursmustang.com!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
Five years, amazing!  Happy Anniversary!

Murphy, 1968 Coupe - Concours, Original Owner
Trouble, 1968 Fastback - Modified

MCA Gold Card Judge, 67-68 Concours
MCA Gold Card Judge, Modified - All Years

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »
Even though I've been a member for only 6 months, I had been following this site as a guest for likely as much as the whole 5 years. The combined knowledge of most of the active participants seems to really be a vital source for anybody leaning towards all original restorations of these cars. People like myself. I realized only a few short weeks here as a member, (now visiting nearly daily for these last 6 months) how unique the motives are here. First, I misunderstood the "whole greater purpose" of the having a CONCOURS website. Before long, I began to understand that the answers given (to some of my earlier questions in particular) needed to be historically & fact based from years of researching, but along the lines of exact 100% original build data...not just what somebody "remembers". Also, I realized that though an item might be an original option, mentioning you have ADDED it to your project falls outside the scope of the aforementioned "greater purpose". I understand that we are working with HISTORY as much as restoring. Adding options is NOT concours, no matter how thorough the job might be. I didn't understand that at first. The light has come on, I realized the greater purpose(s) and the reasoning now and better base my responses and inquiries accordingly. My knowledge of my car, everything I know as original, everything I know that is not, every other Mustang I had ever worked on, every other Ford product as well, that I have worked on as a mechanic and sometimes bodyman, is only a drop in the sea of knowledge, that is TRUE knowledge, that is available here. I am humbled, I've become (partially) educated, but most of all I have become quite a bit more teachable as a result of visiting these pages.

Thank You everyone who puts up with us "Newbies" as we get some of the wet out from behind our ears. 

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline mwizz

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »
I agree, this site has been great for me when I have been seeking information about my cars. Thanks to all.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 12:45:06 PM »
Thank You everyone who puts up with us "Newbies" as we get some of the wet out from behind our ears. 

Richard

Thanks for the post, folks like yourself keep the hobby alive and moving forward!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:01:07 PM »

Richard
"Newbies" aren't alone. This site has been a great resource for the veterans to exchange ideas ,get different points of view and receive new/different info also. I am glad for it and will continue to participate in a positive way.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline austexstang

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
"Newbies" aren't alone. This site has been a great resource for the veterans to exchange ideas ,get different points of view and receive new/different info also. I am glad for it and will continue to participate in a positive way.

A "BIG" + 1 to that.  Thank You C M F....

Offline rodster

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »
Wow, I don't feel 5 years older!  ;)

What a great site, pure info and little to no drama and I hope it stays that way.  This has to be the best site for Concours Mustang folks.

Thanks to all involved for making it happen and keeping it going.

Time for my 5 year donation.  ;)
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »
A lot of this has been the logical expansion of the Mustang Research Letter I published and share with many during the 90's before the internet became available.  But this site and the people here have allowed that basic idea of sharing knowledge, respectful sharing, unbiased research  and just basic hands on, DYI restoration techniques/tips.

Thank all of you that have made it possible and make it worth while
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)