Author Topic: Voltage Regulator  (Read 1676 times)

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
Voltage Regulator
« on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:05 PM »
OK, for my '67 S code GT convertible, April 27 build in Jersey, equipped with power top, P/S, P/B, and A/C, which voltage regulator is correct?  Is it the common blue one or the black H/D one?  Thanks!
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Voltage Regulator
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 10:52:57 PM »
Looking at my pictures of 67 NJ cars I found original cars as late as 7T2377xx still using voltage regulators with the black lids/covers
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rodster

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »
OK, for my '67 S code GT convertible, April 27 build in Jersey, equipped with power top, P/S, P/B, and A/C, which voltage regulator is correct?  Is it the common blue one or the black H/D one?  Thanks!

Too bad it's not a Dearborn car, we could compare notes!  ;)  Although mine is a non-GT.
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline socalgt

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
Were original voltage regulator covers screwed or riveted to the base....or both?  (April '67 Metuchen 289 with a/c)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:14:55 PM »
Were original voltage regulator covers screwed or riveted to the base....or both?  (April '67 Metuchen 289 with a/c)
In your case screws. I used to think it started with the beginning 1968 production but I recently had a NOS C8TF regulator with the screws. It was sealed in a box with the pull string . I was the first to open it . I would guess based on that observation it was early 68 production when the transition from screws to rivets occurred.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »
In your case screws. I used to think it started with the beginning 1968 production but I recently had a NOS C8TF regulator with the screws. ...............

Did you happen to look at the date on the regulator?  That might provide some additional info on when things changed. Have one around here also will check for the heck of it
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Did you happen to look at the date on the regulator?  That might provide some additional info on when things changed. Have one around here also will check for the heck of it
Date code was smuged  :'( .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby