Author Topic: HiPo Air Cleaner??  (Read 1602 times)

Offline 5F08KGT

HiPo Air Cleaner??
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
I see that Scott Drake is now reproducing the earlier HiPo Air Cleaner-(the double hump one)
My question is at what point on a '65 Dearborn car was the change made to the later single hump style?
Presuming the later single hump style started at some point in '65 and used through the end of HiPo production in '67.....

Offline 5F08KGT

Re: HiPo Air Cleaner??
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:39:44 AM »
My K Convertible had a scheduled build date in LATE July, 1965........would it have come from the factory with the single or double hump air cleaner?  what color base?

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
My K Convertible had a scheduled build date in LATE July, 1965........would it have come from the factory with the single or double hump air cleaner?  what color base?

Your car would have had the regular hi-po lid with a gold base.  Although, there is a lot of confusion about the base color, some may say black, some may say blue.  The best answer is gold, though, unless supporting documentation is found to disprove.

The double-hump lids were more typical for 64.5 K codes and early '65 alternator production K codes.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »
Thanks Charles!