Author Topic: Help with definitive Shaker ID  (Read 5918 times)

Offline 67gta289

Re: Help with definitive Shaker ID
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 07:34:59 AM »
Thanks Jeff.  Based on pictures there, it appears that the one that I posted pictures of is for a 351.  There is not enough for me to determine if Windsor or Cleveland, so I'll need more pictures or dimensions from known examples to narrow it down further.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline JohnB

• 0F03R120303
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2020, 01:30:26 PM »
Thanks Jeff.  Based on pictures there, it appears that the one that I posted pictures of is for a 351.  There is not enough for me to determine if Windsor or Cleveland, so I'll need more pictures or dimensions from known examples to narrow it down further.

Some info here: http://www.boss302.com/shaker.htm

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2020, 05:16:03 PM »

Yes the odd (not something I've seen on Mustang ones I've owned) thick spacer or riser I believe will be one of the big determiner of its origin. Given the height of the top of the carb the smaller motor makes sense - ie Windsor

If not for the studs I would look towards the ram air air cleaners for other applications but those limit the application.

Not likely but could always be something someone made - which would make identification impossible - but as said that is not likely
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)