Author Topic: '69 Mach: Holes in Doorjamb for Courtesy Light Wiring  (Read 2223 times)

Offline drummingrocks

'69 Mach: Holes in Doorjamb for Courtesy Light Wiring
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:22 AM »
I have a set of '70 doors that I'm putting on my '69 Mach 1.  These doors don't have the holes around the hinge area for the courtesy light wiring to pass through.  I need to drill these holes, but I don't have the original courtesy light wiring harness or the grommet that would tell me what size hole to drill.

I'm assuming that the door grommet is the same size as the one that goes through under the A-pillar, which is, if I remember correctly, 1 3/4th inch.  However, I'd hate to break out the hole saw and put the wrong size hole in the doors.  Can someone verify how big the holes in the doors should be?  Thanks! 
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline BillEBobb

Re: '69 Mach: Holes in Doorjamb for Courtesy Light Wiring
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 12:11:11 AM »
It's 2-3/16"   My doors are laying on the garage floor awaiting installation so I was able to get you this measurement.

Bill

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for your help!  It seems like these holes are a LOT bigger than I anticipated--good thing I didn't go ahead and drill the smaller sized holes!

You wouldn't happen to have the original harness laying around, would you?  It would be great to see the grommets on the harness as well.  Thank you!

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
Bill,

Thanks for your help!  It seems like these holes are a LOT bigger than I anticipated--good thing I didn't go ahead and drill the smaller sized holes!

You wouldn't happen to have the original harness laying around, would you?  It would be great to see the grommets on the harness as well.  Thank you!

I'll see what I can do.

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »
I've got a set "somewhere" in the garage but haven't been able to find the for you.  I'll take a picture of the set I'm working with ON the car now.  I'll photograph them soon for you.

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:30 PM »
Bill, it's ok, I was able to look at the harness on a local car.  I got the holes drilled in my doors.

Thanks for all of your help!