Author Topic: 67 drivers side AC stuff  (Read 1133 times)

Offline pellets4fuel

67 drivers side AC stuff
« on: March 20, 2018, 01:57:48 PM »
Been trying to find some information on how to get everything routed over to the drivers side for the AC on my 67. I searched AC vent, air conditioning, drivers side vent....
 Not coming up with what I am looking for. As I am sure many know there isn't much room up in there. I am finding that the duct to that side barely, if it does clear the wiper arm when the wipers run. I have it up over the speedo cable, and then coming down. Can't go below the speedo cable now that I have my new clutch return spring on. Then where do the vac lines run? And the wire harness off the back of the blower switch. I have the air door cable ran back over the top of the pedal support right next to where it bolts to the fire wall, then coming back around. I just can't get that vent to go into place without everything pushing the duct line up and back so it ends up being hit by the wiper arm when they run. If anyone has any info on this or posts to direct me to, please let me know. In the meantime I will go back to reading in the "big blue" book and see if I can piece some things together :think:  I notice that many of you Mustang guys are posting some pretty good diagrams and such from assembly manuals.  What manuals are these?  I have some repro Osborn manuals, that don't show me a whole lot. 
Been thinking of taking the instrument cluster back out just so I can get a better site path on things, but not crazy about that. Ended up getting some of my replating messed up getting it in there.
 Thanks!
 David

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: 67 drivers side AC stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »
If you do not have the straps, your LH hose will rub wiper linkage. Even with the straps, it can happen.
Hope you get some help from these pictures
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
Richard,
Thanks for the photos.    Looks like the vac lines just lay down behind the ducting?  You have an interesting clip attached to the vent mounting stud.  What wires are going through that?  I ended up taking the cluster out even though I didn't want to.  Found the retainer loop. Here are some photos of my mess ::)  I have the one photo that shows a tab with a weld nut on it up under the dash that don't seem to correspond to an of my AC box.  Is there by chance a brace rod that runs from here to the dash bottom metal as a stiffener for the middle of dash area?

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 02:26:01 PM »
Keep in mind, my photos are for reference only. They are taken of a vehicle that has been worked on MULTIPLE Times, (read as not necessarily 100% Concours Correct)

Richard,
Thanks for the photos.    Looks like the vac lines just lay down behind the ducting? ...

Yes, on top of the brake/clutch pedal bracket. These may have been moved from 'original' location. ALSO: I know there is an early version & a later version of the vacuum hoses. This example is what matches up to EARLY version.

Richard,
Thanks for the photos.    Looks like the vac lines just lay down behind the ducting?  You have an interesting clip attached to the vent mounting stud.  What wires are going through that? ...

Main underdash wiring Harness, lays up close to the opening in the dash for the guages (as seen in my images) and wraps straight forwards along the left side of the column/pedal/lower dash-brace (painted metal brace that drops from the windshield area), back to that rubber-coated harness loop.
...  I have the one photo that shows a tab with a weld nut on it up under the dash that don't seem to correspond to an of my AC box.  Is there by chance a brace rod that runs from here to the dash bottom metal as a stiffener for the middle of dash area?

Correct. There is a rod with flattened ends on it. One end is bent 90 degrees, bolts to the firewall and the other end to the dash, just left of the glove box opening.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:42:42 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments