Author Topic: 1967-1970 Jack Handle Mystery....All Original or Hokey Handle Part???!??  (Read 1530 times)

Offline NEFaurora

1967-1970 Jack Handle Mystery....All Original or Hokey Handle Part???!??

I've had this wacky Jack handle in my possession for 20+ years.  I bought it in the same box with an original 1966 Mustang Jack and an original 1967 Mustang Jack back in 1997.  I have other handles similar to this one, but this one has an obvious cylindrical sleeve around the handle part which I have never seen before.  There were traces of black paint on the cylindrical handle in question that matched up with the rest of the jack handle. Has anyone seen one like this before, or is this just some hokey part of a pipe that someone "slammed" onto the jack handle end for better gripping??!? I do have to say that each end of this weird cylindrical sleeve has "finished" ends and are not rough like someone cut it with a hacksaw..  Just very weird...and trying to find out exactly what this is... Any ideas?!?!? Did a jack handle even exist like this?!?!?  Signed, Stumped!!

Help!

:o)

Tony K.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:40:17 PM by NEFaurora »
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline Coralsnake

• Global Moderator
It looks fabricated

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
It looks fabricated
+1 . Hokey pokey at least in reference to a Mustang.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline NEFaurora

I'm waiting for Mr. Speegle to chime in... I'll give him the final say...Maybe he's seen something like it in his junkyard travels...

If not, I'll just put it in the leather bench vise and start whacking the sleeve off with a hammer..

Tony K.
MCA#70001

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
1967-1970 Jack Handle Mystery....All Original or Hokey Handle Part???!??

I've had this wacky Jack handle in my possession for 20+ years.  I bought it in the same box with an original 1966 Mustang Jack and an original 1967 Mustang Jack back in 1997.  I have other handles similar to this one, but this one has an obvious cylindrical sleeve around the handle part which I have never seen before.  There were traces of black paint on the cylindrical handle in question that matched up with the rest of the jack handle. Has anyone seen one like this before, or is this just some hokey part of a pipe that someone "slammed" onto the jack handle end for better gripping??!? I do have to say that each end of this weird cylindrical sleeve has "finished" ends and are not rough like someone cut it with a hacksaw..  Just very weird...and trying to find out exactly what this is... Any ideas?!?!? Did a jack handle even exist like this?!?!?  Signed, Stumped!!

Help!

Tony K.
FYI since it has a hole in the handle that indicates it is for a 68 and up application .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
No have not seen one like that before but for some people I could understand the modification.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline NEFaurora

Well...

Off the Hokey handle comes..!!!

Also, Thanks Bob, as I never knew that the '67 ones didn't have the holes...

Thanks guys!

Tony K.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 05:04:16 PM by NEFaurora »
MCA#70001